Thursday 6 March 2014

I've just had an apostrophe!

"I think you mean an epiphany." Why yes, yes I do Captain Hook. Lightning has indeed just struck my brain. If you don't know this quote then quite frankly, get out. Then watch Hook and come back. Incidentally, I found this picture at a famoustache blog which is clearly worth a look. Anyway I digress. Epiphany.

Dear gym bunnies. I FINALLY GET IT!

Don't get me wrong, I still think that people who go to the gym regularly several times a week are a little bit nuts. But I finally get the motivation. I had a code for a day session at our local gym from www.payasugym.com, and Rich was working from home, so I got to skip off down there right when he finished working. It was bliss! I'd go so far as to say fun. Bit of walking, ran for half a mile, and did 11 miles on the bike, all much faster than I expected. Then 11 lengths of the pool and 20 minutes of relaxing in the jacuzzi and steamroom. Not much, but I am incredibly unfit. The fact that I ran at all amazes me. 

Rich rewarded me with boiled eggs and a few oven chips for tea and now we're watching Captain Phillips. Not a bad day all in all. 

Will there be a repeat? Not soon. Aside from the rubbish membership fees, we just don't have enough spare time. I missed bedtime and most of dinnertime with the boys, and Rich dealt with it on his own. He has however said that it'd be fine if I went swimming on Saturday mornings. This however means I will lose any kind of sleeping in. He also offered me Thursday mornings or evenings too, as Henry sleeps in the mornings. I'm a lucky woman, He's very kind to me.

Now, whether I feel quite so happy about the workout/this possible new routine in the morning is another story. I am predicting pain and stiffness!

Update: This blog has now moved to www.undomesticaited.wordpress.com - Hope to see you over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment