Wednesday 2 January 2013

Merry Christmas, Happy new year, and some news!

We had a lovely Christmas and new year this year, we got to see my family for Christmas, and have a brilliant Christmas day with them and we saw Rich's family in between Christmas and new year and let off some fireworks.

Christmas was spent down in Reading, with a brilliant day of presents, food, laughter and family. I love Christmas at my mum and dad's, they love it, and the tree is always full of decorations from my childhood. We always sit fairly reservedly and my dad hands out the presents. This year Ethan got to sit with him and help and he loved it :)

Fireworks at Rich's parents was great fun too, especially when one malfunctioned! It sounds scary and it did make us all jump, but all that really happened was instead of a fountain style firework, we got more of a flashbang effect! The most entertaining part was just afterwards. Everyone jumped, but Carl (very much a grown up brother in law) squealed like a girl. Or maybe a pig. We were laughing our heads off! He's a great sport though and laughed along with us :)

New Year's eve itself we spent.... in bed. We are not new year's people. I don't really get it, it's just another night to us, and with boys who get up at 5/5:30 am, NOT worth it! I value my sleep too much to be cool ;) If I had a party to go to or something, then I'd enjoy it, but unfortunately the morning comes around all too fast!

Now for the news...

 Ta-da!

That's right, we're having another baby! There are sneaky posts from the past that just appeared herehere and here muahaha! I'm 17 and a half weeks, so almost halfway! In 2 and a bit weeks I'll be having my second scan, and hopefully it'll look a bit less like a potato this time. We are so excited. I am also exhausted, still sometimes slightly nauseous and suffering from an insane sense of smell. That is not fun. 

Oh, and our holiday, which I never came back and commented on, really was great. Except for the part where I crashed the car at low speed into a wooden post and destroyed the bumper. Oops. But for a first accident, not too awful. It's currently in with the insurers getting fixed, which was cheaper than getting it done ourselves, even with a small premium rise. However, our courtesy car is a Skoda Fabia. A fine car, even for our family of four. Except we had a Mazda 5. And we had to do the Christmas trip in it (200 miles each way, with presents!). I was a little nervous! It actually worked out alright, with a bit of tetris know-how and putting smaller presents in the space where the spare wheel should have been, as the car came with a repair kit instead! Hopefully we'll be back with our bus soon and I'll adjust back to the size of it without knocking anything else!....Don't tell Rich I said that... 

Update: This blog has now moved to www.undomesticaited.wordpress.com - Hope to see you over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment