Friday 18 January 2013

Good days

I've had a lovely week :) On Saturday, despite feeling like absolute rubbish still, I went to see Les Mis with Amy and some friends. It was so wonderful. Moving and beautiful. I was shocked at the bits I'd forgotten (nothing major plot-wise) though. I thought all the actors did an incredible job, to my untrained eye ;) I'm not going to list them all, but Samantha Barks as Eponine was just amazing, A Little Fall of Rain was heart rending. 

As we came out someone behind us quietly said to his companions "I didn't know it was a musical." We stifled our giggles.

Sam did this:
And kissed and cuddled the baby for several minutes, which in Sam time must be about a decade.

He also asked that we make a snowman, and insisted he have a carrot nose.
 He was only little so it had to be a carrot-stick nose. He's checked on him everyday at least once (we put him on the bin so he could be seen from the window) and says hello to him. And his eyes. And his buttons. And his carrot nose.

 I drew a moustache on my face for a friend.
 Never let it be said that I don't give you anything, my dear (though I suspect near non-existent) readers.

And the pièce de résistance...

 Say hello to my little friend!

I had my 20 week scan today which I had to wait an extra 45 minutes for, with a full bladder. Thanks for that one, hospital. When I went in the sonographer apologised as there were staffing issues and people turning up late/not at all. I was not happy but did the completely British thing of saying "oh no, it's alright." Why do we do that?! I was cheesed off! I think I just got so grateful for an apology, and to be laying down, that I just went with it. She then also told me that the baby's head was plowing right into my bladder, so even though it wasn't very full (I cheat a bit on the amount of water they tell you to drink and when - thank goodness in this case)  that's what caused it. Yes madam sonographer, I'm sure the 45 minute wait had nothing to do with it.

So.. we are cooking up a little boy! Ethan is ecstatic, He was rooting for a boy, who he decided would be called Rudolph. Sam is fairly uninterested, but we're attempting to convey that an actual little brother will be materialising at some point in June. I can imagine it will still be a surprise. Rich had to stay out with the boys until the checks were completed, but as he came in apparently got a nice crotch shot and saw that it was a boy before I had been told :)
The little sausage has really begun kicking in earnest now, which is lovely and reassuring, though no fun for my bladder! 

Only 20 weeks to go, hopefully it'll go as fast as the first 20 have!

Update: This blog has now moved to www.undomesticaited.wordpress.com - Hope to see you over there!



No comments:

Post a Comment